Nico & Vinz
About Nico & Vinz
Best known for the 2013 single “Am I Wrong,” the Norwegian duo Nico & Vinz became global stars with their blend of hip-hop, R&B, pop, and Afrobeat.
• Kahouly Nicolay "Nico" Sereba and Vincent "Vinz" Dery came together as Envy in 2009. They drew influence from their parents and the music they heard on trips to the West Coast of Africa.
• Nico’s father is from the Ivory Coast, while Vinz’s folks are from Ghana.
• After winning first place at the Taubertal Open Air Festival’s “Emergenza World Final” competition, they released their 2010 debut mixtape, Dreamworks: Why Not Me.
• The duo released their debut studio album, The Magic Soup and the Bittersweet Faces, in 2012. The single “One Song” cracked the Top 20 of the Norwegian charts.
• After signing a record deal with Warner Bros., they changed their name to Nico & Vinz and released “Am I Wrong” in 2013. This would prove to be their breakout single.
• “Am I Wrong” became a massive hit across the globe, reaching No. 1 in the UK and No. 4 in the US, where it’s been certified triple platinum.
• Their 2015 Cornerstone EP includes the hit “That’s How You Know,” featuring Kid Ink and Bebe Rexha.