Singles & EPs
About New Radicals
The pop-rock band New Radicals was together for just two years in the late ’90s, but that was long enough to release an album and the indelible single “You Get What You Give.”
• Singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist Gregg Alexander was the sole permanent member of the group, which he formed in 1997. Former child actress Danielle Brisebois (All in the Family) was also a frequent contributor.
• New Radicals released their only album, Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too, in 1998. The album stalled just shy of the Top 40 on the Billboard 200 chart (No. 10 in the UK) but sold more than a million copies.
• The group released two singles from the album. The first, “You Get What You Give,” topped the US Adult Alternative chart and reached No. 36 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song hit No. 5 in the UK and No. 1 in Canada and New Zealand.
• New Radicals had broken up before the second single, “Someday We’ll Know,” came out in 1999.
• After more than 20 years of inactivity, New Radicals reunited in 2021 to perform “You Get What You Give” as part of festivities for Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration.
ORIGINLos Angeles, CA