About Neha Bhasin
Award-winning singer Neha Bhasin is a major artist in the contemporary Indian pop sphere.
• Having set her heart on becoming a singer from the age of nine, Bhasin won the reality competition Popstars in 2002.
• After a nationwide search, she and three others were recruited to the girl group Viva. They’re listed in the Limca Book of Records as the first Indian all-girl band; as well as for drawing the biggest audience to a debut performance by attracting 50,000 to their first concert.
• When Viva split in 2005, Bhasin began working with established composers such as Salim-Sulaiman and Yuvan Shankar Raja.
• Her work with the latter on “Pesugiraen” for 2007 thriller Satham Podathey earned her a Vijay Award for Best Female Playback Singer.
• Bhasin’s music flits effortlessly between traditional folk (“Chitta Kukkad”), Indipop (“Baby Mera”) and somewhere in between (“Akh Kashni”).
• The singer has been a judge, host and contestant on various TV talent shows across her career.