About Nasty C
Nasty C is a critically acclaimed South African rapper who’s reshaping his country’s hip-hop landscape.
• Influenced by his older brother, Nasty C started rapping at the age of nine.
• He recorded his 2012 debut mixtape, One Kid, a Thousand Coffins, at a friend’s house using his phone’s headphones for a mic.
• His 2015 breakout single, “Juice Back,” led to a remix featuring Afrobeats singer Davido and South African rapper Cassper Nyovest.
• Nasty C’s 2016 debut album, Bad Hair, came with a 14-minute short film shot by South African music video director Kyle Lewis.
• The rapper established his own label, Tall Racks Records, in 2018 and signed a joint venture deal with Def Jam Records in 2020.