Thanks to his expressive voice and nostalgic musical sensibility, pop singer Melendi is a star in his native Spain.
• Melendi has released 11 albums since 2004, 10 of which have made the Top 10 in Spain.
• After a stint playing semi-professional soccer and waiting tables, Melendi joined the group El Bosque de Sherwood (Sherwood Forest, in English) in 2001 and recorded a three-song demo.
• He released his first solo album, Sin noticias de Holanda, in early 2004. Though the album was successful, his breakthrough came later that year when the Vuelta de España bicycling race chose his song “Con la luna llena” as its theme.
• In 2006, Melendi voiced a character in the video game Gangs of London and recorded a song by the same title.
• Around the same time, Melendi wrote the song “Volveremos” for Real Oviedo, a beloved second-division soccer team in his hometown in northern Spain.
• In 2019, he joined the second season of the Mexican reality competition La Voz Kids as a coach.