About Little Dragon
Swedish quartet Little Dragon combine synth-pop, downtempo electronic music, hip-hop, and more to create a colorful sound that’s earned them a global audience.
• Singer and musician Yukimi Nagano formed Little Dragon with multi-instruments Erik Bodin, Fredrik Wallin, and Håkan Wirenstrand in Gothenburg in 1996. The four were still in high school.
• They released their self-titled debut album in 2007.
• Little Dragon’s breakthrough came with their third album, 2011’s Ritual Union. The LP earned worldwide acclaim, peaking just outside the Top 20 on the UK pop charts and cracking the Top 5 of Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums tally in the US.
• The band’s fourth album, 2014’s Nabuma Rubberband, went Top 40 on the US pop albums chart and nabbed a Grammy nomination for Best Dance/Electronic Album.
• Throughout the 2010s, Little Dragon became in-demand collaborators, guesting on records by Gorillaz, KAYTRANADA, Flying Lotus, DJ Shadow, and SBTRKT.
• Little Dragon have recorded all of their albums—including 2017’s Season High and 2020’s New Me, Same Us—in their home-built Gothenburg studio.