French DJ and producer Klingande pumps club beats sunny tropical house beats full of organic instrumentation and radio-friendly pop hooks.
• “Klingande” means “sounding” in Swedish, a language that Cédric Steinmyller greatly admires. He also counts Swedish producer Avicii and Swedish House Mafia as heavy influences.
• Steinmyller formed Klingande as a duo in 2012 with his grade school friend Edgar Catry, who played piano. Catry left the project two years later.
• Together, they released 2013’s “Jubel,” which prominently features both piano and saxophone. It hit No. 1 in 10 countries and reached No. 3 in the UK.
• “Riva (Restart The Game)” served as Klingande’s first solo single. Featuring catchy vocals, acoustic guitar, and harmonica over a club beat, the single charted in 10 countries.
• With 2017’s “Pumped Up,” Klingande reimagined Foster the People’s 2011 smash “Pumped Up Kicks” as a poolside house-pop groover with new lyrics.
• Klingande’s 18-track 2019 debut LP, The Album, compiles new songs and earlier hits in one playable package.
HOMETOWNCroix, Nord, France