Veteran deep house DJ and producer Kaskade is a seven-time Grammy nominee who was named “America’s Best DJ” by DJ Times in 2011 and 2013.
• Born in Chicago, Ryan Raddon went to college in Utah and found his creative footing in San Francisco’s deep house scene of the early ’00s.
• The San Francisco electronic label Om Records fostered Kaskade’s signature sound: melodic vocal tracks that blend organic elements with hypnotic house beats.
• In 2006, Kaskade signed to Ultra Records and began collaborating with deadmau5. Their 2009 single “I Remember” was a huge hit on the club scene, and Kaskade used the title for his 2014 greatest-hits compilation.
• Kaskade’s eighth album, 2013’s Atmosphere, is an iconic progressive house LP that earned Grammy nominations for Best Dance Recording and Best Dance/Electronica Album. In 2014, Kaskade ranked No. 8 on Forbes’ list of the highest-paid DJs.
• A devout member of the Church of Latter Day Saints, Kaskade released Kaskade Christmas in 2017 and a deluxe edition the following year.
BORNFebruary 25, 1971