Swedish DJ and producer Kasbo has made a name for himself with music suited to moments when “you don’t know whether to dance or cry,” as The Fader put it.
• The artist born Carl Garsbo began releasing singles in 2013—both on his own and with collaborators like Australian producer Just a Gent (2013’s “Sovereign”), New York singer Fatherdude (2015’s “Time”), and Connecticut singer Chelsea Cutler (2017’s “Found You”).
• He released the five-song Umbrella Club EP in 2015 and toured with the American electronic duo ODESZA.
• In 2017, he remixed Ed Sheeran’s Top 10 UK single “Happier.”
• Kasbo’s 2018 debut LP, Places We Don’t Know, peaked just outside the Top 10 on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
• His second album, 2020’s The Making of a Paracosm, features Swedish artists like Frida Sundemo and Freja The Dragon and draws influence from Northern Scandinavian folklore.