Long Island DJ and producer KANDY is known for his alternately gritty and glistening dance tracks. He’s also an outspoken advocate for fellow artists in the LGBTQ community.
• Transfixed by underground culture, KANDY (real name: Kevin Schuppel) immersed himself in the NYC rave scene as a teenager. That inspired him to get a laptop and start creating his own music.
• In 2016, he delivered a bouncy dance-pop remix of Selena Gomez’s “Hands to Myself.”
• Diplo helped break KANDY to the masses via his Mad Decent label, releasing the singles “Feelin’ KNT” and “Like This” in 2018.
• In 2019, KANDY released an effervescent official remix of Katy Perry’s “Harleys in Hawaii.”
• Apple Music selected KANDY for a special DJ mix celebrating Pride Month in 2019.
• KANDY’s 2019 single “Let Me Down” cracked the Top 10 on Billboard’s Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart in 2020.