About Icona Pop
Swedish electro-pop duo Icona Pop blend electronic production with sweeping pop hooks on rousing dancefloor anthems like 2012's "I Love It.”
• Singers Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo met at a party at Hjelt’s apartment in 2009. When the gathering moved to a nearby dance club, they bonded over tracks by Hot Chip and Robyn.
• Icona Pop began writing songs and performing at parties in their native Sweden and in London and Paris before releasing their debut single, “Manners,” in 2011.
• The duo’s breakthrough came in 2012 on their second single, “I Love It,” an international hit that reached the Top 10 on charts in 10 countries, including No. 1 in the UK
• Featuring British pop singer Charli XCX, who cowrote the song, “I Love It” led off Icona Pop’s 2012 EP Iconic and also appeared on their self-titled full-length debut later the same year.
• Icona Pop’s second album, 2013’s This Is … Icona Pop, reached No. 3 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums chart in the US.
• The duo has appeared on songs by the Dutch DJ Tiësto, the American dance-pop band Cobra Starship, and fellow Swedish pop singer Tove Lo.
• In 2016, Icona Pop performed at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Stockholm on a bill that also included Sting and Halsey.