From her start as a girl-group member to her emergence as a solo star, HyunA has long been a hot topic in the K-pop world thanks to her animated rap style, edgy fashion choices, and bold choices in both her artistic and personal life.
• HyunA began her career as an original member of pioneering girl group Wonder Girls in 2006, before exiting the group over health concerns.
• In 2008, she debuted as a central figure of a new girl group, 4Minute, where she spent seven years as the primary rapper.
• She became one of K-pop's first viral breakout stars when her 2011 “Bubble Pop!” music video became the first video by a female K-pop solo artist to reach 100 million views.
• In 2012, PSY asked HyunA to co-star in his record-breaking “Gangnam Style” music video, which brought her recognition to new heights and inspired the duo to record “오빤 딱 내 스타일” (“Oppa Is Just My Style”), a response version where HyunA took lead.
• HyunA went public in 2018 with her two-year relationship with Cube Entertainment label mate E’dawn. Such romantic revelations are considered very scandalous in the K-pop industry, and the news led Cube Entertainment and HyunA to terminate their contract early.
• In 2019, she signed with PSY's newly created P NATION label.
HOMETOWNSeoul, South Korea
BORNJune 6, 1992