About Hot Chip
The Grammy-nominated UK electro-pop band Hot Chip makes dance music with a distinct indie edge.
• Although Goddard and Taylor began collaborating in secondary school, they officially became a band while Goddard was at the University of Oxford and Taylor was at the University of Cambridge. As Hot Chip, they delivered their debut EP, Mexico, in 2001.
• Supported by new members Al Doyle, Owen Clarke, and Felix Martin, Hot Chip released their debut album, Coming On Strong, in 2004.
• Featuring the singles “Over and Over” and “Boy from School”—both Top 40 hits in the UK—Hot Chip’s 2006 album The Warning was shortlisted for a Mercury Prize.
• Hot Chip’s 2008 single “Ready for the Floor” earned them a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording. It appears on the album Made in the Dark, which cracked the Top 5 of the UK pop charts and Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
• The group’s sixth album, Why Make Sense?, hit No. 2 on the UK Dance Albums Chart and No. 3 Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
• Katy Perry enlisted Hot Chip to cowrite “Into Me You See,” off her chart-topping 2017 album Witness.
• For their seventh album, 2019’s A Bath Full of Ecstasy, Hot Chip worked with outside producers (Philippe Zdar, Rodaidh McDonald) for the first time. The album peaked just outside the Top 10 on the UK charts.