Hot Chelle Rae
About Hot Chelle Rae
Nashville pop-rock band Hot Chelle Rae first made a splash in 2011 with their double-platinum Top 10 single “Tonight Tonight.”
• Lead singer Ryan Follesé was born in Nashville to songwriting parents. His mother and father have penned material for artists like Martina McBride and Tim McGraw, respectively.
• Follesé and guitarist Nash Overstreet formed the band in 2005 as Miracle Drug, and bassist Ian Keaggy soon joined. In 2008, the group self-released an EP, changed their name to Hot Chelle Rae, and added Follesé’s younger brother Jamie on drums.
• Their first album as Hot Chelle Rae, Lovesick Electric, came out in 2009.
• Hot Chelle Rae’s second album, 2009’s Whatever, made it to No. 48 on the Billboard 200 chart. “Tonight Tonight” reached No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100, and the follow-up “I Like It Like That,” featuring the rap duo New Boyz, became a Top 40 US pop hit.
• Keaggy left the band in 2013 and Hot Chelle Rae continued as a trio, releasing the EP Recklessly in 2014.
• After a break that saw the three remaining members work on solo projects and collaborate with other artists, Hot Chelle Rae reconvened for the 2020 EP Tangerine.