About Hooligan Hefs
Hailing from Doonside, a western Sydney suburb, hip-hop trailblazer Hooligan Hefs is known for effortlessly laying Australian lad and drill style rhymes over up-tempo EDM beats.
• Hefs started rapping early, freestyling with his primary school buddies. The friend group grew up together and eventually became an official rap crew, The Hooligans.
• Inspired by 50 Cent’s 2005 film debut Get Rich or Die Tryin’, Hefs uploaded his first freestyle to the internet around 15.
• His musical pursuits were curbed by two prison terms in his late teens. After his second release, he resolved to stay out of prison and devote himself entirely to his music.
• In 2019, Hefs delivered his breakout single, “No Effect,” which garnered more than 20 million streams across platforms and earned a platinum certification from the ARIA. Later that year, Hefs released his gold-certified banger “Tell Em I’m Doing Eetswa.”
• Two months later, Hefs released his debut EP, Living In Sin,, which hit No. 9 on the ARIA Top 50 Albums chart.