Producer and rapper Hit-Boy has crafted forward-looking beats for artists like Kanye West, Travis Scott, and Beyoncé. In doing so, he helped define the sound of hip-hop in the 2010s.
• As a teenager, Hit-Boy began posting beats on MySpace, where he was discovered by producer Polow Da Don.
• In 2011, Hit-Boy signed to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label and produced “N****s In Paris” for Kanye and JAY-Z’s Watch the Throne album. The single topped Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts and won Grammys for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song.
• Hit-Boy also raps. He’s released several mixtapes and featured on tracks by artists ike will.i.am and Wale.
• In 2019, he coproduced Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode,” which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. That same year, he executive produced Family Not a Group, his full-length collaboration with the West Coast rap group SOB x RBE.
• He linked with Nas to produce all of the rapper’s 2020 album King’s Disease.
BORNMay 21, 1987