About Hayley Kiyoko
Hayley Kiyoko is a singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress who performed in a couple of bands as a teeanger before launching a successful solo pop career.
• Kiyoko began taking drum lessons at six while also appearing in national TV commercials for breakfast cereal and snack food.
• She started the garage band Hede in 2007 at 16 and released five songs and a video online. The group split in 2009 when the members dispersed for college.
• Also in 2007, Kiyoko joined pop girl group The Stunners with four other teen girls after she was recruited by former pop star Vitamin C. They released one self-titled EP in 2009 and a half-dozen singles before breaking up in 2011.
• Since going solo, Kiyoko has released 16 singles, four EPs, and one full-length album, 2018’s Expectations, which reached the Top 20 of the Billboard 200 albums chart.
• In between music gigs, Kiyoko has landed acting roles in movies and TV shows, including Wizards of Waverly Place, Scooby Doo! The Mystery Begins, and Jem and the Holograms.
• The openly lesbian pop star is a staunch advocate of LGBTQ rights. Fans have even dubbed her “lesbian Jesus.”
HOMETOWNLos Angeles, CA
BORNApril 3, 1991