About Hayden James
Hayden James is an influential Australian DJ and house music producer who’s worked with the likes of Katy Perry, Gorgon City, and Boy Matthews.
• Influenced by Daft Punk’s “Around the World,” James began DJing at 15. The gigs helped him pay off his college degree and learn what types of songs get people moving.
• James’ 2013 debut single, “Permission to Love,” was inspired by the process of asking for his wife’s hand in marriage. The electro-funk song earned significant radio airplay and landed him a deal with Future Classics.
• His 2015 house single “Something About You” surpassed 100 million streams and won Best Independent Dance/Electronic Club Song or EP at the ARIA Music Awards. The song was remixed by the American duo ODESZA, among others.
• James coproduced and cowrote Katy Perry’s “Déjà Vu,” off her chart-topping 2017 Witness album.
• His 2019 debut album, Between Us, went Top 10 on the Australian charts.
• As of 2021, Hayden has landed three songs inside the Top 40 of Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart: 2018’s “Just Friends” (featuring Boy Matthews), 2020’s “Right Time” (featuring Icona Pop), and 2021’s “Foolproof.”