British singer Gracey refers to her songs as “emotional pop anthems.” She had a breakout year in 2020.
• Gracey fell in love with music on long car rides to Portsmouth in her childhood. As the youngest child, she’d be stuck in the middle of the backseat, but she’d get to flip through the CD booklet and play DJ.
• She wrote her first-ever song ever, “Pinky Finger,” when she was seven years old.
• When she was a teenager, she was discovered on SoundCloud by the songwriting and production company Xenomania. She’s written for artists like Jonas Blue.
• Her debut single, “Different Things,” dropped in 2019.
• Gracey scored her first UK chart hit with 2020’s “Don’t Need Love,” a collaboration with Kid 220. The single peaked at No. 9.