About Gorilla Zoe
Gorilla Zoe is a barrel-chested rapper who became a solo sensation after getting his start as a member of Boyz N Da Hood
• The Atlanta native left home after getting kicked out of school in the 10th grade. He proceeded to work odd jobs and become a certified chef via the federal Job Corps program.
• When he was 18, he self-financed a CD that sold 5,000 copies.
• After working for two years at the Atlanta record store The Funk Shop, Gorilla Zoe built a recording studio downtown and began making music with local producer Chris Flame, who helped him get signed to Block Entertainment.
• In 2007, Gorilla Zoe joined the popular rap group Boyz N Da Hood, replacing Young Jeezy.
• Gorilla Zoe cracked the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 with his 2007 solo debut single, “Hood N***a,” which appears on his debut album, Welcome to the Zoo.
• The rapper made XXL’s inaugural Freshman Class in 2007, alongside Lupe Fiasco, Lil Boosie, and others.
• Gorilla Zoe dropped an astounding 28 mixtapes—one every day—during the month of February 2010.
BORNJanuary 26, 1983