About Duncan Laurence
Dutch pop singer Duncan Laurence appeared on The Voice of Holland in 2014 and won the Eurovision Song Contest for the Netherlands in 2019.
• Laurence started writing music at age 13, and in 2013, he formed his own band, The Slick and Suited.
• The following year, Laurence launched his solo career by competing on The Voice of Holland. He made the semifinals, and in 2016, he left his post in The Slick and Suited.
• After a few relatively quiet years—during which time he cowrote the song “Closer” for the K-pop duo TVXQ—Laurence was chosen to represent Holland in the annual Eurovision contest.
• His heartfelt ballad “Arcade” became the first Dutch Eurovision winner since 1975. The song also reached No. 1 on the Dutch charts.
• In 2020, Laurence released his debut EP, Worlds on Fire, and his first album, Small Town Boy. Both feature his winning hit “Arcade.”
HOMETOWNOjee Hellevoetsluis, The Netherla
BORNApril 11, 1994