About DJ Drama
DJ Drama is an award-winning hip-hop producer, DJ, promoter, and label executive best known for creating heavy street buzz with his Gangsta Grillz mixtape series.
• The Philly native began DJing after he saw the 1992 film Juice. He later moved to Atlanta to attend Clark Atlanta University.
• Drama cofounded Aphilliates Music Group (AMG) in 2003 and made his name with two star-making Gangsta Grillz mixtapes: T.I’s Down With The King (2004) and Jeezy’s Trap or Die (2005).
• In 2006, DJ Drama connected with Lil Wayne to deliver their classic Dedication 2 mixtape. The combination of Drama’s keen beat selection and Wayne’s syrupy rhymes landed the project on The New York Times’ list of the Top 10 recordings of 2006.
• Drama’s most commercially successful album came in 2012 with Quality Street Music, which debuted at No. 15 on the Billboard 200 and featured the hit singles “My Moment” and “So Many Girls.”
• Drama took home DJ of the Year honors at the 2013 BET Hip-Hop Awards.
• Alongside Don Cannon, Drama launched his Generation Now imprint under Atlantic Records in 2015. The label roster includes standout signee Lil Uzi Vert, whose Luv Is Rage 2 and Eternal Atake albums both topped the Billboard 200.
BORNApril 22, 1978