Rising pop singer Diodato was on pace for a breakout 2020 before the pandemic intervened: His tune “Fai rumore” won the Sanremo Music Festival song contest in his native Italy in February, and he was selected to represent Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest before the competition was canceled.
• Diodato began releasing music in 2014 with the album E forse sono pazzo, which yielded five singles.
• His sophomore album, 2017’s Cosa siamo diventati, was his first to reach the Italian charts, peaking at No. 48.
• “Fai rumore” topped the Italian singles chart in 2020, and Diodato’s third album, Che vita meravigliosa, reached No. 4 on the Italian albums chart.
• In 2020, the title track from Che vita meravigliosa won the Nastro d’Argento—an Italian film award—for Best Original Song after it appeared in the movie The Goddess of Fortune.
• Also in 2020, Diodato won Best Italian Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards.