About Da Beatfreakz
Internationally acclaimed UK sibling production duo Da Beatfreakz went from making beats in their makeshift bedroom studio to collaborating with A-list singers and rappers..
• Growing up, brothers Obi “O1” Ebele and Uche “U1” Ebele had a rap group called YKM. They also learned to play instruments in church.
• At 14, Obi wandered into his school’s music room and created his first beat in just 20 minutes. Excited by the impressive feat, he and Uche pooled their money together to build a home production studio.
• Their breakthrough came in 2008, when they produced the track “Secrets” for the group N-Dubz’s platinum-selling album Uncle B.
• The siblings temporarily relocated to the US, where they collaborated with production duo Cool & Dre, signed to Trak Starz Records, and contributed to Jay Park’s 2012 album New Breed, which reached No. 1 in South Korea.
• In 2018 alone, the duo produced music for the likes of Giggs, Mr Eazi, Ellie Goulding, Sean Paul, and Jacquees.
• That same year, they produced and cowrote the Afroswing hit “Pumpy,” which garnered more than 12 million video views. The track also features AJ, Deno, Swarmz, and Cadet.