Singles & EPs
Sharp and meditative singer and producer Choker has been dubbed “Detroit’s answer to Frank Ocean.” He warps rap and soul into a psychedelic blend that’s capturing a growing audience.
• Choker started producing beats on FL Studio and soon picked up piano and guitar.
• His stage name is meant to evoke the “energy and mystique” of old-school metal bands. He wanted a moniker seemingly antithetical to the kind of music he makes.
• He cites influences ranging from hip-hop luminaries Danny Brown and J Dilla to Sufjan Stevens and Feist—indie artists he discovered via his brother.
• In 2017, Choker released his debut album, Peak.
• Choker returned in 2018 with Honeybloom and the EP Forever & A Few in 2019.