About Charlie Heat
Known for his signature “Good work, Charlie” tagline, New Jersey producer and songwriter Charlie Heat is the secret sauce behind some of modern music’s hottest icons.
• In high school, he was focused on basketball, but then he saw the 2002 film Drumline, which inspired him to pursue a career in music.
• He went on to attend Clark Atlanta University on a drum scholarship. This is where he got the nickname the Human Torch, which evolved into Charlie Heat. When he wasn’t studying or drumming, he would make beats for the aspiring rappers on campus.
• In 2010, he released his debut mixtape, Good Work Charlie: The Heat Tape.
• After fashion designer Virgil Abloh shared some of Heat’s beats with Kanye West, Yeezy signed the producer to his G.O.O.D. Music label in 2015.
• Heat coproduced three songs off Madonna’s 2015 album Rebel Heart.
• The producer earned three Grammy nominations for his work on Kanye West’s 2016 album The Life of Pablo.
• In 2019, he independently released his long-awaited debut album, FIREWORKS. The project features Tommy Genesis, Syd, Denzel Curry, Lil Baby, G Herbo, and others.
HOMETOWNWoodbury, New Jersey