About Cashmere Cat
Fusing hip-hop, EDM, R&B, and pop, elusive Norwegian DJ and producer Cashmere Cat has crafted hits for superstars like Ariana Grande, Kanye West, and Charli XCX.
• The artist born Magnus August Høiberg represented Norway at the DMC World DJ Championships from 2006 to 2009. He was known as DJ Final in those days.
• Famed producer Benny Blanco invited Cashmere Cat to L.A. after hearing the Norwegian’s early-2010s remixes of songs by Jeremih, 2 Chainz, and others.
• Cashmere Cat’s 2012 debut EP, Mirror Maru, drew on the style of electronic music known as Jersey club.
• Moving toward the pop mainstream, he coproduced and featured on “Be My Baby,” off Ariana Grande 2014 album My Everything.
• Cashmere Cat coproduced and cowrote “Wolves” for Kanye West’s 2016 album The Life of Pablo. That same year, he earned four production credits on The Weeknd’s Starboy LP.
• A-list associates like The Weeknd, Ty Dolla $ign, and Selena Gomez appear on Cashmere Cat’s 2017 debut album, 9.
• His 2019 sophomore LP, Princess Catgirl, is named for his digital cartoon alter ego, whom he calls “the face of my music.”
BORNNovember 29, 1987