British DJ and production duo CamelPhat move freely between tech, deep, and progressive house. They broke through in 2017 with their Grammy-nominated global smash “Cola.”
• CamelPhat founders Mike Di Scala and Dave Whelan were both established DJs when they met in a Liverpool record store in 2004. Alongside Les Calvert, they began producing music together as The Chosen Few.
• Using the name Pawn Shop, the duo debuted in 2006 with the thumping single “Shot Away,” based on a sample of the Rolling Stones classic “Gimme Shelter.”
• They began releasing music as CamelPhat in 2010. The pair initially wore wrestling masks so people would focus solely on the music.
• “Cola,” a 2017 collaboration with English producer Elderbrook, reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart and No. 3 on the UK dance charts. The global smash earned CamelPhat a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording in 2018.
• CamelPhat’s 2020 debut album, Dark Matter, features previously released singles like “Cola” and “Breathe,” as well as new tracks like “Not Over Yet,” featuring Noel Gallagher.