Ayo & Teo
About Ayo & Teo
The sibling rap duo Ayo & Teo found fame with viral dance videos before launching a successful career in music.
• The brothers from Ann Arbor, Michigan, have been dancing since elementary school. Having never taken formal dance lessons, they learned by watching Michael Jackson, Usher, and Chris Brown music videos.
• In 2014, Ayo & Teo uploaded their first dance video, filmed at their high school’s talent show.
• Ayo & Teo’s hyper-catchy debut single, “In Reverse,” landed in 2016. That same year, they performed at the 2016 BET Awards and danced in R&B superstar Usher’s “No Limit” music video.
• Thanks in part to a viral dance challenge, the duo hit No. 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 with 2017’s “Rolex.”
• Ayo & Teo were known for rocking surgical masks long before 2020’s COVID-19 pandemic made such face coverings ubiquitous.