About Astrid S
Norwegian pop singer-songwriter Astrid S has gracefully made the leap from reality TV hopeful to international hitmaker.
• Astrid Smeplass got her start learning piano and playing flute in her school's marching band. Inspired by John Mayer, she took up guitar as a teenager and began writing songs.
• In 2013, she placed fifth on the Norwegian version of the music competition show Pop Idol. While on the show, she released the single “Shattered” under her birth name. It went Top 5 on the Norwegian charts.
• The following year, she released her debut single as Astrid S, “2AM.”
• Her self-titled 2016 debut EP—featuring the breakout single "Hurts So Good”—arrived on Island Records.
• The singer’s 2017 single “Think Before I Talk” peaked at No. 10 on Billboard’s Dance chart.
• In 2018, Astrid S won Artist of the Year at the Norwegian equivalent of the Grammys.
• Her debut album, Leave It Beautiful, dropped in 2020.