About Adam Calhoun
Pro-Trump YouTuber-turned-rapper Adam Calhoun parlayed his provocative online musings about the American Dream into a controversial hick-hop career.
• Calhoun teamed up with country rapper Hosier for 2017’s Made in America, which peaked at No. 6 on Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums chart.
• His 2018 album The Throne reached No. 4 on Billboard’s Independent Albums chart. Calhoun was criticized for the single “Racism,” which uses the N-word and promotes negative stereotypes about the Black community.
• In 2019, Calhoun and country rapper Demun Jones’ Crazy White Boy hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums. In June of that year, amid concerns over homophobic and racist lyrics, a venue in Sacramento cancelled a pair of the duo’s shows.
• His third solo album, 2019’s War, went Top 10 on the Heatseekers and Independent Albums charts.
• In 2020, Calhoun and country rapper Struggle Jennings delivered Legend. The album debuted at No. 1 on the American iTunes Chart.