About Danity Kane
The American pop/R&B girl group Danity Kane went from Diddy-approved reality TV stars to real-world chart-toppers in the mid-2000s.
• Danity Kane formed in 2005 after members Aubrey O'Day, Dawn Richard, Shannon Bex, Aundrea Fimbres, and D. Woods were selected as finalists of Diddy’s Making the Band 3 reality competition series.
• The group’s self-titled 2006 debut album went platinum and peaked atop the Billboard 200 chart. The single “Show Stopper” was a Top 10 hit.
• They recorded their sophomore album, 2008 Welcome to the Dollhouse, while filming Making the Band 4 with fellow Bad Boy labelmates Day26 and Donnie Klang. The album became Danity Kane’s second No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
• In October 2008, on the season finale of Making the Band 4, Diddy removed O’Day and D. Woods from the group. Danity Kane disbanded the following year.
• Danity Kane reunited as a foursome (sans Woods) for a 2014 tour. They split up again prior to the release of their third album, DK3, at the end of that year.
• In 2015, O’Day and Bex formed the electro-pop duo dumblonde and released a self-titled album.
• O’Day, Bex, and Richard reunited as Danity Kane in 2018 and released the single “Neon Lights” the following year.
• In 2020, O’Day and Richard released a joint EP, Strawberry Milk.