About Childish Major
The multitalented hip-hop artist Childish Major made his name as a producer in the early 2010s before reaching greater heights as a solo rapper.
• Childish Major grew up in rural South Carolina with his mother and younger sister. He dropped out of college and moved to Atlanta in 2011 to pursue rapping and producing.
• While following his dream, Childish Major made sandwiches at a supermarket deli. Travis Porter producer DJ Spinz signed Major to his production group, Hood Rich.
• Hood Rich secured Childish Major’s first significant placement for what became Rocko’s gold-certified 2013 hit “U.O.E.N.O.” Placements for Jeezy, SZA, and A$AP Ferg followed.
• In 2017, Childish Major released the WOO$AH project through his Humility City Records label. “Happy Birthday,” featuring SZA and Isaiah Rashad, has racked up more than 7 million streams.
• WOO$AH includes “Supply Luh,” a J. Cole-produced song used in the Season 2 finale of HBO’s Insecure. Major’s 2018 single “Know Nothing” appeared in the Season 3 premiere.
• He contributed to several songs, including the single “LamboTruck,” on 2019’s Revenge of the Dreamers III, the Grammy-nominated compilation by J. Cole and his Dreamville Records label.
• Childish Major’s 2019 project Dirt Road Diamond features Ludacris, Buddy, and Olu from EARTHGANG.
BORNJuly 4, 1991