About Zero 7
The Grammy-nominated English electronic duo Zero 7 have specialized in chilled-out, downtempo sounds since the late ’90s.
• Before Zero 7, Henry Binns and Sam Hardaker were sound engineers at RAK Studios in London. In the ’90s, they worked on records by artists like Pet Shop Boys and Robert Plant.
• Their first official release under the Zero 7 banner was a 1997 remix of Radiohead’s “Climbing Up The Walls”.
• Zero 7’s cinematic and soulful 2001 debut album, Simple Things, earned a Mercury Prize nomination. The single “In the Waiting Line” has appeared in TV series like Sex and the City and House, as well as the 2004 film Garden State.
• The duo’s 2004 sophomore album, When It Falls, reached No. 3 on the UK charts—their highest position to date.
• Their third album, 2006’s The Garden, earned a Grammy nomination for Best Dance/Electronic Album.
• The first three Zero 7 albums feature vocal contributions from future pop superstar Sia.