About Gareth Emery
British DJ and producer Gareth Emery is a sultan of sweet, uplifting trance and progressive house.
• Emery is a classically trained pianist. He also played guitar in punk bands in the late ’90s before discovering trance music at university.
• Using the pseudonym GTR, he broke through with the 2002 single “Mistral”. Dutch electronic superstar Tiësto included the song on his 2003 compilation album Nyana.
• In 2009, he started his own label, Garuda, wherein he began releasing material under his real name.
• His debut album, Northern Lights, topped the iTunes dance charts upon its release in 2010.
• He reached the Top 10 of the UK Official Dance Albums Chart with his third full-length, 2016’s 100 Reasons to Live.
• Emery is a three-time winner of the Tune of the Year award given out by Armin van Buuren’s A State of Trance brand. He won for 2012’s “Concrete Angel” (featuring Christina Novelli ), 2014’s “U” (featuring Bo Bruce) and 2017’s “Saving” Light (featuring HALIENE).
BORN18 July 1980