About Pabllo Vittar
In the midst of her country’s crusade against its LGBTQ+ population, Brazilian drag queen Pabllo Vittar rose to stardom, promoting queer visibility through music.
• Before music, Vittar was a well-known celebrity impersonator and drag queen who frequently performed and competed across Maranhão.
• In 2015, Vittar delivered the viral music video “Open Bar”, a remake of Major Lazer’s “Lean On”. The video has garnered over 73 million views.
• Vittar’s debut album, Vai Passar Mal, was led by hit single “K.O.”, which won Song of the Year at Brazil’s Melhores do Ano awards in 2017.
• Vittar also appears on Major Lazer’s 2017 Latin Grammy-nominated “Sua Cara”, which made Vittar the first drag queen to receive a Grammy nomination.
• After inking a deal with Sony Music Brasil, Vittar released Não Para Não in 2018. The album was certified platinum in Brazil.
• In 2019, Vittar won Drag Hero at the GAY TIMES Honours and Best Brazilian Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards.
• Vittar’s third album, 2020’s 111, features Charli XCX on the track “Flash Pose”.