Louis The Child
About Louis The Child
Launched while both members were in high school, the electronic duo Louis the Child blends pop and EDM on hits like their 2015 breakthrough “It’s Strange”.
• Frederic Kennett and Robby Hauldren attended the same high school in suburban Chicago. They met as teens at a concert by French DJ and producer Madeon.
• Hauldren had previously been a DJ called Haul Pass, while Kennett produced music as Fatboy. They joined forces and began uploading remixes online.
• The duo scored big with 2015’s “It’s Strange”, featuring singer K.Flay, who also went to their high school. The song appeared in commercials and video games and earned a spot in Taylor Swift’s “Songs That Will Make Life Awesome” list.
• Louis the Child signed with Interscope before releasing their second EP, 2018’s Kids at Play. It went Top 10 on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart. The single “Better Not”, featuring Australian singer-songwriter Wafia, went gold.
• The group’s 2020 debut album, Here For Now, features Atlanta hip-hop duo EarthGang, indie-pop heroes Foster the People, and K.Flay, among others. It peaked just outside the Top 5 on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.