About Wretch 32
Wretch 32 fused the worlds of grime and hip-hop to become one of the more accomplished British MCs of the 21st century.
• His Jamaican mother gave him the nickname Wretch, meaning skinny. He added 32 because it’s his lucky number.
• The Tottenham native’s 2011 major label debut album, Black and White, spawned three Top 5 UK singles: “Traktor”, the Stone Roses–sampling “Unorthodox” and the No. 1 smash “Don’t Go”.
• His rise in popularity landed him an Adidas campaign for the 2012 Olympics in London.
• Wretch 32 won Best International Act at the 2012 BET Awards.
• In 2019, he returned with his fifth studio album, Upon Reflection, featuring collaborations with Burna Boy and Giggs. He also released Rapthology: Lessons in Life and Lyrics, which functions as a memoir and a guide book.
HOMETOWNTottenham, London, England