Singles & EPs
About Phillip Phillips
Pop singer Phillip Phillips vaulted to prominence in 2012 on Season 11 of the reality competition American Idol, which he won.
• Phillips started playing guitar at 14 and formed his first band, the Phillip Phillips Band, with his brothers-in-law in 2009 when he was 18.
• “Home”, Phillips’ first single and American Idol “coronation song”, had the biggest first-week sales of any Idol winner’s debut. The song reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100.
• Phillips wrote or cowrote all but three of the dozen songs on his first album, 2012’s The World from the Side of the Moon. The LP hit No. 4 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
• Along with two subsequent albums, Behind the Light in 2014 and Collateral in 2018, Phillips played a diamond smuggler in a 2018 episode of Hawaii Five-0.
• He’s cited Jonny Lang, John Butler, Dave Matthews and Damien Rice as influences.
BORN20 September 1990