About Kap G
Rapper Kap G is a first-generation Mexican American artist whose music fuses his cultural heritage with the opulent flavours of his Atlanta upbringing.
• Kap G grew up in a bilingual household in College Park, Georgia. His family moved there from Long Beach, California, to save Kap's older brother from getting involved with gangs.
• Not afraid to get political, Kap G raps about issues in his community like immigration and racial profiling. Case in point: His 2014 debut mixtape, Like A Mexican, produced by Pharrell Williams, who helped land him a deal with Atlantic Records.
• In 2012, he dropped his debut single, “Tatted Like Amigos”, a collaboration with Chief Keef.
• Kap G earned his first gold record with the 2016 single “Girlfriend”.
• After releasing his 2017 debut album, SupaJefe, which features Pharrell and Chris Brown, Kap G made the XXL Freshman Class of 2017.
HOMETOWNCollege Park, GA
BORN31 July 1994