About Jai Wolf
Discovered by Skrillex in 2014, Bangladeshi American DJ and producer Jai Wolf makes what he calls “nostalgic-sounding indie dance music.”
• Born in Bangladesh and raised in Long Island, New York, Jai Wolf grew up playing violin and piano. He started producing what he calls “indie electronic” music in high school.
• He soon gravitated toward dubstep and released music under the name No Pets Allowed.
• In 2014, after adopting the name Jai Wolf, he created a remix of Skrillex’s “Ease My Mind”. The track made its way to Skrillex himself, who gave it an official release.
• His 2015 breakthrough single, “Indian Summer”, cracked the Top 40 of Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart and went gold in the US.
• In crafting his 2019 debut album, The Cure to Loneliness, Jai Wolf drew influence from both electronic artists and indie bands like CHVRCHES and Fall Out Boy.