About Gus Dapperton
Gus Dapperton is a bedroom indie-pop singer-songwriter whose tranquil, synth-driven, romantic pop songs evoke the ’80s and ’90s—as do his fashion choices.
• Born Brendan Patrick Rice in Warwick, New York, he won a songwriting contest in eighth grade and began producing songs in high school.
• Dapperton names J Dilla, Madlib and MF Doom as inspirations for his productions.
• He released his debut single, “Moodna, Once With Grace”, in 2016. That same year, the artist studied music technology at Philadelphia’s Drexel University. He dropped out two years later to pursue music full time.
• The single “I’m Just Snacking”, released in 2017, became Dapperton’s breakthrough, racking up millions of streams and video views.
• In 2018, Dapperton’s “Of Lacking Spectacle” appeared on the Season 2 soundtrack of the popular Netflix series 13 Reasons Why. He recorded the final version of the song in a hotel room.
• His debut album, Where Polly People Go to Read, arrived in 2019, followed by Orca in 2020.
BORN11 March 1997