About Lighthouse Family
The soul-tinged easy-listening duo Lighthouse Family are best known for their 1997 album Postcards from Heaven, which launched three Top 10 hits and reached No. 2 on the albums chart in their native Britain.
• The duo formed in 1993 when songwriter and instrumentalist Paul Tucker sought out singer Tunde Baiyewu while both were university students in Newcastle.
• Lighthouse Family got off to an inauspicious start when their first single, “Lifted”, stalled out at No. 61 when it first came out in May 1995. But the song shot to No. 4 when it was re-released in February 1996, helping to propel the duo’s first album, Ocean Drive, to No. 3 on the albums chart.
• “High”, the first single from Postcards from Heaven, also reached No. 4, and became the duo’s only entry on the US charts, peaking just outside the Top 20 of Billboard’s Adult Contemporary ranking.
• After Lighthouse Family’s third album, 2001’s Whatever Gets You Through the Day, Baiyewu turned to solo projects and Tucker joined the Newcastle indie band The Orange Lights.
• The duo reunited in 2010 and resumed touring. In 2019, they released Blue Sky in Your Head, their fourth album and first in 18 years. The LP reached No. 3 in the UK.