Blank & Jones
About Blank & Jones
German DJ and production duo Blank & Jones were at the forefront of taking trance music to the masses in the early 2000s. They later became known for their downtempo tracks and remixes of ’80s favourites.
• Jan Pieter Blank and Jaspa Jones met at Cologne’s Popkomm music conference. They debuted with the 1997 trance single “Sunrise”.
• “Cream”, a single off their 1999 album In da Mix, reached No. 24 on the UK charts.
• Blank & Jones worked with Robert Smith of The Cure on a 2003 remix of the band’s classic “A Forest”.
• After hearing the Blank & Jones song “Desire” on radio, The Pet Shop Boys personally recruited the German duo to remix “Home & Dry” for their 2003 Disco 3 compilation. Blank & Jones later remixed Pet Shop Boys’ 1986 single “Love Comes Quickly”.
• In addition to releasing uptempo trance, Blank & Jones launched the chilled-out Relax album series in 2003. In 2020, the twelfth volume arrived, including smoky renditions of Bobby Caldwell’s “What You Won’t Do for Love” and Keni Burke’s “Risin’ to the Top”.
• From 1998 to 2018, Blank & Jones notched 13 Top 40 hits in Germany.