Drake-approved UK rapper Octavian rose to fame with raspy-voiced raps and a unique sound that blends drill, grime, trap, house, and other styles.
• Born in Lille, France, Octavian moved to the UK when he was three. As a teen, he landed a scholarship to the prestigious BRIT School, whose alumni include Adele and Amy Winehouse. He dropped out to pursue music.
• After several years of homelessness, Octavian released his debut mixtape, 22, in 2016, followed by the Essie World EP in 2017.
• Octavian’s 2017 single “Party Here” was a UK club hit even before Drake posted a video of himself singing along to the song at a 2018 Golden Globes afterparty. The Drizzy cosign boosted Octavian’s profile even more.
• In August 2018, Octavian signed to Sony/ATV Records.
• Octavian’s 2019 mixtape Endorphins features fellow UK superstar Skepta, as well as American rappers Smokepurpp, Theophilus London, and A$AP Ferg.