About Riff Raff
It’s nearly impossible to predict eccentric rapper Riff Raff’s next move. With his colourful braids, flashy jewelry and grills, he seems like a walking meme—though he still strives to be taken seriously as an MC.
• Inspired by fellow Texas natives Devin the Dude and Paul Wall, Riff Raff got his start rapping in 2005. He would burn CDs at home and hand them out at local malls.
• Riff Raff broke into the showbiz as a contestant on the MTV reality series From G’s to Gents. He even tattooed the MTV logo on his neck upon learning he’d be on the show.
• Along with Dirty Nasty and sketch comedian Andy Milonakis, he formed the group Three Loco, the self-proclaimed “holy trinity of hip-hop”. The comedic trio released the ¡Three Loco! EP in 2012.
• In 2013, the rapper announced that he was suing the makers of the 2012 film Spring Breakers for $10 million. Riff Raff claimed that he was originally tapped to appear in the film, and that James Franco’s character was based on him.
• His 2014 debut album, Neon Icon, features the buzzworthy single “Tip Toe Wing In My Jawwdinz”. Guests on the LP include Mac Miller, Childish Gambino, Mike Posner and fellow Texans Slim Thug and Paul Wall.
• He cracked the Top 5 of Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums with his 2016 sophomore album, Peach Panther, featuring Lil Durk, G-Eazy, Gucci Mane and Danny Brown.
BORN29 January 1982