Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
About Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Known for her viral music videos and vibrant Harajuku style, J-pop singer, model, and fashion blogger Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has become an international star.
• Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is the alias of Tokyo native Kiriko Takemura. Her stage name derives from “Carrie,” a Western-sounding name inspired by her blonde wigs.
• Passionate about fashion, Kyary first gained recognition as a model and blogger.
• In 2011, she teamed with J-Pop producer and CAPSULE member Yasutaka Nakata to launch her successful music career. Her 2012 full-length debut, Pamyu Pamyu Revolution, reached No. 2 in Japan and debuted atop the iTunes electronic music sales rankings in the US, Belgium, and France. Her debut single, “PONPONPON,” became a viral sensation.
• Both her second and third albums, Nanda Collection (2013) and Pika Pika Fantajin (2014), reached No. 1 in Japan and made the Top 10 of Billboard’s World Albums chart.
• In 2017, she and English pop star Charli XCX guested on Yasutaka Nakata’s single “Crazy Crazy.”