About Young Adz
A member of the British collective D-Block Europe, rapper Young Adz is a pioneer of the UK’s trapwave sound, characterised by Auto-Tuned melodies and London trap beats.
• He first made his mark on the South London rap scene as a teenager with tracks like 2009’s “Ya Feel Me” and 2010’s “Dope as it Gets”.
• Adz signed with Universal Records at 15 but left in 2013 after disputes with the label.
• Alongside rapper Aero Sinc, he created the group D-Block Europe in 2013. The duo’s name was an homage to the American hip-hop crew The Lox, featuring Jadakiss.
• A major champion of D-Block Europe, Jadakiss traded bars with Aero and Adz in a 2013 freestyle for British DJ and presenter Tim Westwood.
• In 2019, with Dirtbike LB now in the fold, D-Block Europe scored their first Top 20 UK hit with “Kitchen Kings”. Later that year, they notched another with “Nookie,” featuring Lil Baby.
• Between February 2019 and October 2020, the group landed four projects—Home Alone, PTSD, Street Trauma and The Blueprint: Us Vs. Them—in the Top 10 of the British charts.
• Young Adz teamed up with Skepta and Chp for the 2020 joint project Insomnia. The LP peaked at No. 3 in the UK, while the single “Waze” went Top 20.